DJI finally released the new version of its digital hd system, DJI Goggles 2 and DJI O3 Air Unit for retail yesterday. The product that people have been waiting for half a year has finally appeared in public view.
Many pilots have said that DJI has got into the fpv market in the recent two years, and these products released last year like DJI FPV, DJI Goggles V2, DJI AIR Unit seem to announce that it will change the way fpv is played, and at the same time make fpv easier to get started. You see this year’s is also the same. Do you have any thoughts on this, from the release of DJI Avatar this year, to the release of DJI Goggles 2 and DJI O3 Air Unit?
Many people say that they can never go back to the analog vtx days after using DJI’s HD system. Let’s discuss these two products that DJI officially launched yesterday: DJI Goggles 2, DJI O3 Air Unit.
DJI O3 Air Unit
The DJI O3 Air Unit has a black metal with hollowed out shell. Size and weight compared to the previous generation of sky end, more lightweight.
The antenna adopts the dual antenna two-in-one design, easy to install. The camera coaxial cable is upgraded to braided mesh (Kevlar), with a length of about 11.5 cm(4.52 inch). The camera parameters are the same as DJI Avatar’s camera and compatible with DJI Avatar’s ND filter.
DJI O3 Air Unit has enhanced compatibility with DJI Goggles 2 and DJI FPV Goggles V2, DJI FPV radio transmitter and third-party radio transmitters.I would like to say here that Motion Controller is not yet supported.
The HD Camera
- Same D-CINELIKE color as ACTION2 camera
- Built-in 20G RAM (can record about 20 minutes at 4K 60fps)
- The highest recording specification is 4K 60fps
- Built-in rock steady stabilization
- Support the post-stabilization of software such as Gyroflow
- Complete support for the adjustment of various shooting parameters, from automatic exposure to manual mode are available, basically all parameters can be set automatically.
- In the case of unplugged, you can complete the upgrade as well as the video reading.
- Support additional card insertion (maximum support 256GB)
- 1/1.7-inch image sensor
- 155° FOV
- 10km range(Although 10KM distance is supported, it ultimately depends on whether the radio transmitters and battery can reach 10KM)
- O3 Air Unit Dimension 30.5 x 30.5 x 1.45mm
- O3 Air Unit Mounting Hole Pattern 25.5 x 25.5mm (M1.6 screws)
- Camera module dimension: 20mm (width) x 21.2mm (length) including lens
- Camera module mounting: 2 holes on each side 6mm apart (M2)
- Camera ribbon cable length: 115mm
- Antenna ire length 85mm
- Length of silicon wires to FC: 100mm
- Input voltage: 7.4V to 26.4V (2S to 6S)
- Weight: 39.5 grams (whole setup)
- A pilot after months of testing DJI O3 Air Unit found that in some special scenarios, such as night flying and shooting needs, want to video images clean enough, it is necessary to lower the ISO to suppress noise, but FPV flight and recording is the same camera, lower the ISO glasses will become too dark, it is easy to affect the flight. So you can only give up one of them.
- Due to the special appearance design with 155°FOV, a part of the drone will be seen in flight. However, I believe that soon there will be fpv brand frames that can solve this problem.
DJI O3 Air Unit -$229
DJI Goggles 2
It is a new look, overall similar to the look of analog goggles. Goggles 2 has an OLED screen.
- It comes with a 2S battery pack that provides about 2 hours of battery life.
- This time there is a full-featured betaflight OSD function, which can fully support the display of various parameters to the glasses. This way you don’t need to connect the drone to your computer or phone and use the OSD setup menu directly.
- DJI Goggles 2 plug cable directly connected to the phone or tablet can be completed real-time monitor screen, just Goggles plugged into the DJI FLY can be.
- The DJI Goggles 2 is lighter and smaller than the Goggles V2. You can also check DJI website for a description of this.
DJI Goggles 2 -$649
There are few frames on the market that are adapted to DJI O3 Air Unit, and I believe there will be many fpv brand products to adapt it next. Among the existing HD digital systems, DJI is still the first choice. As for DJI FPV Goggles 2, this new product is more experience-based than the last version.
From DJI AVATA to DJI O3 Air Unit and DJI Goggles 2 must be DJI’s market layout and planning for beginner players to start fpv, So that beginners can build their own fpv after perfect adaptation from the pre-built DJI FPV Drones, these fpv kits as a connecting link between the preceding and the following.